Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blood donation in Kolej Ungku Omar

I just went to KUO to donate my blood while get the KPCA banner to be printed in FST.. It was during the noon and the weather was quite hot.

Just register my name and lied on the bed for blood donor. The nurse recorded the time before plug the tube into my blood capillary.. After that, I was given a little anesthetic and then my blood started to flow in to the packet for blood.

Less then 5 minutes, the packet was full with my blood. My friends and I was shocked. I asked the nurse, and the time counted was 4minutes.. That was really fast.. I just lied there and lost my blood for 450ml in around 5 minutes. The person in front of still lying on the bed earlier that me and haven't finish yet.

Then I moved to the table where with the drinks, milo and some Iron folic pills from Pusat Darah Negara. I finished it and then go back to my hostel directly. After reached my room, I opened the plaster and see the hole on my arm. Got a little bruise on it.

Thanks God, I did not feel any dizzy after the blood donation. Hope I my hand will be ok, cause some of my friends got their hand swollen after the blood donation.

No comments: